European Tour members — Branden Grace, Anirban Lahiri, and George Coetzee — all played well at the PGA Championship.
All recorded Top 10 finishes in the season’s final major after enjoying great success earlier this season on the European Tour. Coetzee and Lahiri have both logged two European Tour titles.
Lahiri’s effort was his personal best and the best major finish in history for an India-born player.
Grace also won two titles including the CommercialBank Qatar Masters. He rallied in the U.S. with great efforts at the U.S. Open and then the PGA Championship, where he finished solo third place. He has shot to win the U.S. Open at Chambers Bay late in the day Sunday before fell short.
The European Tour heads to Denmark this week for the Made In Denmark event at Himmerland Golf & Spa Resort. Marc Warren is the defending champion. None of the
three making a run at the PGA Championship are in the field.
Rory McIlroy continues to lead the Race To Dubai season-long standings followed by Danny Willet, Louis Oosthuizen and Justin Rose. Grace is now in 5th place.
Other Golf News:
- Jason Day’s PGA Championship victory was his third title of 2015. He also won the Farmers Insurance Open at Torrey Pines in February and the RBC Canadian Open in July. While certainly behind the new No. 1-ranked Jordan Spieth for Player of the Year honors, Day could make the race interesting with a TOUR Championship victory and FedEx Cup title.
- Tiger Woods is playing this week at the PGA Tour’s Wyndham Championship. Woods will be competing at Greensboro for the first time. This is his final shot at earning a spot in the FedEx Cup Playoffs, which begin in two weeks at The Barclays.
- The United States Golf Association hosts the U.S. Amateur this week at Olympia Fields Country Club in Illinois.
- The LPGA Tour hosts the Canadian Pacific Women’s Open in Vancouver this week. Canada’s Brooke Henderson, coming off her first LPGA Tour win last week in Portland, is one of the headliners.
- The Champions Tour heads to Seattle this Friday for the 54-hole Boeing Classic.