Final Round — LPGA Tour — HSBC Women’s Champions — Singapore —
Ha Na Jang finished off her second win of the 2016 season with an eagle in a runaway victory at the LPGA Tour’s HSBC Women’s Champions.
Jang (19-under) converted a four-shot triumph over Pornanong Phatlum for her second win in just five events to tee off this season. She is atop the LPGA Tour Money List and leads the Race to the CME Globe.
Already 10th in the Rolex Ranking, Jang will move up even closer to the Top 5 with this victory. She became the first player to win twice this early in the since in nearly a decade.
Amy Yang was third at 11-under and eight back, while headliners Stacy Lewis and Suzanne Pettersen finished T-9. Defending champion Inbee Park was T-30 and World No. 1 Lydia Ko settled for T-15.
For Jang, her worst finish in 2015 has been a T-11. This marked her fourth Top 10 in five starts. She jump-started the season by winning at the Coates Golf Championship in early February.
Other Golf News:
- Rory McIlroy (12-under) leads the WGC-Cadillac Championship in Miami by three shots heading into the final round. Adam Scott and defending champion Dustin Johnson are just three back. Last year, J.B. Holmes blew a five-shot advantage in the final round.
- The LPGA Tour heads back to America in two weeks for the JTBC Founders Cup in Phoenix, Arizona where Hyo Joo Kim is the defending champion.
- All winners on the LPGA Tour this season have been under the age of 23.
- The last 14 champions at the WGC-Cadillac Championship have entered the final round either leading or in second place.
- McIlroy’s last win was in November at the European Tour’s season-finale at the DP World Golf Championship. He opened the week as the betting favorite in Miami.