Around the Globe Update:
- Martin Kaymer, fresh off his victory at THE PLAYERS, is in the mix again this time at the HP Byron Nelson Championship in Texas. Kaymer is 5-under overall mid-way through round two and tied for the lead. He was T-5 here in 2013. Matt Kuchar, No. 5 in the Official World Golf Ranking, is 3-under through 12 holes in the second round. He is T-5 just a shot back at the moment.
- Azahara Munoz and Austin Ernst are both 6-under and tied for the overnight lead on the LPGA Tour at the Kingsmill Championship in Virginia. Lizette Salas, Lexi Thompson and Cristie Kerr are T-4 at 4-under after 18 holes.
- Tom Pernice Jr. is 4-under through six holes in round two of the Champions Tour’s Region Tradition — the first major of the season. He know leads by a shot as the overnight co-leaders are just teeing off in Alabama. Fred Funk, Jay Haas and Mark Calcavecchia sit at 3-under par.
- Stacy Lewis, the pre-tournament betting favoriet at Skybet.com at 3-to-1 odds, and Lydia Ko sit T-29 after even-par opening rounds in Virginia. Lewis leads the tour’s Race to CME Globe standings following her runaway victory last time out at the North Texas Open.
- Joost Luiten (5-under) is the co-leader at the European Tour’s Open de Espana through 36 holes. A few players are still finishing up round two action in Spain. Seventh-ranked Sergio Garcia, Alvaro Quiros and Miguel Angel Jimenez are all within just a few shots of the leaders.