Second Round – European Tour –Alstom Open de France –Le Golf National – Paris, France –
American Kevin Stadler added to his overnight lead with a 3-under-68 in round two of the Alstom Open de France.
Stadler (10-under overall) continues to lead the European Tour stop in France at Le Golf National. The 66-to-1 betting pick at www.ladbrokes.com heading into the tournament, Stadler won earlier this season on the PGA Tour for the first time. He captured the Waste Management Phoenix Open back in February.
Victor Riu is three back at 7-under, while Stadler’s biggest challenge may come from Stephen Gallacher, a champion at the Omega Dubai Desert Classic on the same day Stadler won in Phoenix.
Gallacher is T-3 alongside Marcel Siem at 5-under at the moment, while Jamie Donaldson and Graeme McDowell are inside the Top 10 heading into the weekend. Gallacher has some work to finish off his second round.
Gallacher is 37th in the Official World Golf Ranking and 10th in the Race To Dubai standings. He was in the mix at the Masters until a third-round 81, while Stadler posted a T-8 effort.
Stadler was 68th on the PGA Tour Money List a season ago, when he finished 8th in Greens In Regulation percentage and 7th in the All Around category.
Other Golf News:
- Billy Hurley III fired a bogey-free 7-under-63 to reach 9-under overall and at least momentarily claim a one-shot lead at the PGA Tour’s Greenbrier Classic. Kevin Chappell and Chris Stroud are both through 36 holes at 8-under, while overnight leader and defending champion Jonas Blixt (6-under) tees off at 1 p.m. local time in West Virginia.
- Le Golf National will host the 2018 Ryder Cup matches.
- U.S. Open champion Martin Kaymer shot 68 in the second round at the Alstom Open de France. He is T-12 at 2-under with 36 holes to play.
- Fred Couples withdrew from next week’s U.S. Senior Open with a back injury.
- Masters champion Bubba Watson is 3-under through 16 holes on his second round to work his way into a T-5 at the moment.