Patrick Reed moved up No. 20 in the Official World Golf Ranking fresh off his victory at the World Golf Championships-Cadillac Championship in Miami.
Reed, 23, won for the third time in his short PGA Tour career. All wins coming with him holding onto the 54-hole lead.
The Top 5 remained unchanged led by Tiger Woods, who finished T-25 at Doral, followed by Adam Scott, Henrik Stenson, Jason Day and Phil Mickelson. Dustin Johnson finished T-4 at Trump National Doral and climbed two places to 8th in the rankings.
Chesson Hadley’s maiden victory last week on the PGA Tour at the Puerto Rico Open moved him to 63rd in the rankings.
Other Golf News:
- The PGA Tour’s Valsar Championship tees off Thursday at Innisbrook Resort and Golf Club in Palm Harbor, Florida. The field includes nine of the Top 30 players in the world including Webb Simpson, Jason Dufner and Matt Kuchar.
- Thongchai Jaidee cracked the Top 50 in the world ranking at No. 46 with his T-6 effort at the WGC-Cadillac Championship.
- JTBC, a leading broadcast company in South Korea, signed on as title sponsor for the LPGA Founders Cup in Phoenix, which tees off next week.
- Bubba Watson has a victory, a pair of runner-ups and a T-9 in his last four starts. He will be a favorite come Augusta National at the Masters Tournament.
- The European Tour hosts the Trophee Hassan II in Morocco. Marcel Siem is the defending champion. He opened with a 64 in the opening round a season ago.