Third Round Update — RICOH Women’s British Open — Royal Birkdale Golf Club — Southport, England —
Former Rolex Ranking No. 1 Inbee Park and Top 10 regular Suzann Pettersen are making moves Saturday in England at the RICOH Women’s British Open.
They are chasing overnight leader American Mo Martin, who carded back-to-back 69s at Royal Birkdale to give her the 36-hole lead. Her best finish in 2014 was a T-13 at the ShopRite LPGA Classic earlier this season on the LPGA Tour.
Both Park and Pettersen are 3-under on their rounds to draw within a whisper of the lead.
England’s Charley Hull fired a 66 earlier in the morning to vault up the leader board. She is T-8 at the moment after rounds of 73-76-66. She is the clubhouse at 1-under through three rounds.
Shenshen Feng and Beatriz Recari are inside the Top 10.
Other Golf News:
- Colin Montgomerie (6-under) leads Scott Dunlap by a shot and Bernhard Langer by two heading into round three of the U.S. Senior Open in Oklahoma. Monty won the Senior PGA Championship in mid-May.
- Zach Johnson and William McGirt (both 12-under) are tied for the lead at the mid-way point of the PGA Tour’s John Deere Classic. They tee off 12:50 p.m. local time in Illinois at TPC Deere Run in the final group alongside Steven Bowditch (11-under). Zach, 16th in the world rankings, won earlier this year to start the year at the Hyundia Tournament of Champions in Hawaii.
- Nearly 50 players are within five of the 6-under lead at the European Tour’s Aberdeen Asset Management Scottish Open including Justin Rose (one back) heading into the third round. Robert Karlsson is making a big move — he’s 5-under through nine in round three and now T-4.
- Several PGA Tour champions including Steve Stricker and Ryan Moore are within striking distance at the John Deere Classic at 9-under and just three back with 18 holes to play.
- Rory McIlroy opened with 64 but backed it up with a 78 at Royal Aberdeen. He is a couple under on day three and T-12 at the moment alongside Rickie Fowler.