Brandt Snedeker’s three-shot victory at the AT&T Pebble Beach National Pro-Am moved him to 31st in the latest Official World Golf Ranking.
Snedeker, who carded three consecutive 67s after opening with 64, finished 22-under overall to capture the PGA Tour victory at Pebble for the second time in three seasons. He won here in 2013 setting the 72-hole scoring record.
The Top 20 remained unchanged led by Rory Mcllroy, Henrik Stenson, Bubba Watson, Jason Day and Adam Scott.
Dustin Johnson, who finished T-4 at Pebble Beach alongside Day and Pat Perez, moved up to No. 21 in the rankings. Nick Watney was runner-up to Snedeker and climbed inside the Top 100 to No. 75 with his effort. Snedeker earned his first victory in 18 months. He entered the week as a 20-to-1 betting selection at www.ladbrokes.com.
Australia’s Andrew Dodt shot 5-under-67 to record 16-under overall and win the European Tour’s True Thailand Championship by a shot. He moved up 166 places to 127th in the world rankings. It marked his second career European Tour title. He last won in 2010.
Other Golf News:
- Lee Janzen, a two-time U.S. Open champion, captured the Champions Tour’s ACE Group Classic in Naples. He outlasted Bart Bryant in a playoff after both finished 16-under. Bryant posted a 10-under-62 to earn a playoff spot. Bernhard Langer withdrew after two rounds at 7-under.
- McIlroy announced he will play the Arnold Palmer Invitational in Orlando for the first time. The event takes place in mid-March at Bay Hill Golf Club and Lodge.
- Thongchai Jaidee and Scott Hend finished T-2 in Thailand, while Miguel Angel Jimenez was T-7. Jimenez shot 1-over during the final round and finished three back.
- The LPGA Tour returns to action this week in Australia for the ISPS Handa Women’s Australian Open in Melbourne.
- For Snedeker, the 34-year-old earned a spot at the Masters Tournament in April. He started the season as a 50-1 pick to win in Augusta.