Around the Globe Golf Updates:
- Spain’s duo of Azahara Munoz and Carlota Ciganda won the 15th and 16th holes to close out Thailand 4&2 in the first victory and two full points at the LPGA Tour’s International Crown. The second match between the countries was halved. The tournament features eight countries and 32 players in a Best-Ball and Singles competition near Baltimore, Maryland.
- Through the morning wave of players, Kyle Stanley leads the PGA Tour’s RBC Canadian Open after shooting 5-under-65 at Royal Montreal. Stanley leads a host of players by a shot including Nick Watney, Greg Chalmers and Robert Allenby.
- England’s David Horsey shot 7-under-65 to take a one-shot lead at the European Tour’s M2M Russian Masters. The 29-year-old was bogey free on his round including a back-nine 31.
- Dustin Johnson, a pre-tournament favorite in Canada, struggled to a 4-over-74.
- The No. 1 seed U.S. team at the International Crown is trailing in one match and all-square in the other. The power team of Stacy Lewis and Lexi Thompson trailed 1-down at the turn against the Chinese Taipei team of former Rolex Ranking No. 1 Yani Tseng and Phoebe Yao. The teams are all-square now through 10 holes.
- Bernhard Langer carded a 6-under-65 in the opening round of the Senior Open Championship represented by Rolex. He is two shots clear of second place at the moment as a number of players are still finishing up round one play.