Second Round – PGA Tour – AT&T Pebble Beach National Pro-Am – Pebble Beach Golf Links (Host Course) – Pebble Beach, California –
Jordan Spieth and Jimmy Walker – two of the hottest players in the world – are tied at the top of the leader board at the PGA Tour’s AT&T Pebble Beach National Pro-Am through two rounds.
Spieth and Walker both won in 2013 on tour.
Late in the season, Spieth logged a runner-up at the TOUR Championship. Walker went on to capture the Frys.com Open as part of the wrap-around 2013-2014 season.
Walker backed up his maiden victory with a win at January’s Sony Open in Hawaii. He now leads the FedEx Cup standings. He carded a 69 Friday in round two playing Spy Glass.
The pair sits 11-under overall heading into the weekend. The tournament features a three-course rotation and a cut after the third round. Walker plays the easiest of the three layouts Saturday at the Shore Course at Monterey Peninsula. Spieth shot 67 Friday at Monterey.
Windy conditions challenged players Friday.
Hunter Mahan (8-under) is in solo third place after 36 holes, while round-one leader Andrew Loupe slipped back to fourth place after a 73.
A large group is T-6 at 5-under including Robert Garrigus and Ryan Palmer.
Other Golf News:
- Edoardo Molinari and Craig Lee share the overnight lead at 11-under at the European Tour’s Joburg Open in South Africa. Defending champion Richard Sterne missed the cut.
- Former World No. 1 and Open Championship winner David Duval is T-17 at 4-under at the AT&T Pebble Beach National Pro-Am.
- Phil Mickelson, Patrick Reed and Chris Kirk are all T-17 at Pebble.
- Michael Allen fired a 12-under-60 in the opening round of the Allianz Championship on the Champions Tour. He leads by three heading into the weekend at Boca Raton, Florida.
- Well outside the cut-line of low 60s and ties, Brandt Snedeker (T-96) and Jason Day (T-107) need low rounds Saturday to earn a Sunday tee time at Pebble Beach Golf Links.