- Adam Scott (9-under) co-leads the Talisker Masters through 36 holes at Royal Melbourne. World No. 8 Matt Kuchar fired a second-round 66. He is solo 5th and four back of the leaders. Brendon de Jonge, T-6, is also in the mix, while Hall of FamerVijay Singh is T-14. The 2013 Masters champion won the Australian PGA Championship a week ago in his home country.
- Brian Stuard leads the PGA Tour’s OHL Classic at Mayakoba at 5-under through 14 holes in opening round action. Weather suspensions due to heavy rains in Mexico have hampered play. Dozens of players — including overall betting favorite Ryan Moore — have yet to tee off.
- Pornanong Phatlum, a 100-to-1 underdog this week, leads the Lorena Ochoa Invitational after an opening-round 6-under-66. Rolex Ranking No. 1 Inbee Park (4-under) is T-3, while second-ranked Suzann Pettersen is T-8.
- Alejandro Canizares opened with a 66 at the DP World Tour Championship to assume the overnight lead in Dubai. The 125-1 long shot to win at Skybet.com teed off four hours ahead of Race To Dubai Standings leader Henrik Stenson, who shot 4-under and is T-4. Ian Poulter and Thongchai Jaidee are T-7 in the 56-player field.
- The LPGA Tour captured the Wendy’s 3-Tour Challenge in Las Vegas earlier this week. The team of Stacy Lewis, Cristie Kerr and Natalie Gulbis outplayed teams from the Champions Tour and PGA Tour.
- Lydia Ko, who begins her official LPGA Tour professional career next week, was named to Time mgazine’s list of Most Influential Teens.